Please note, this is an archive news article from Peace Hospice Care.
This month, our Community Engagement team have continued to meet with groups and organisations in our local community and forming important connections and ways in which we can work together.
We have met:
- CLP Arts & Crafts courses and Steps2Skills to provide a wellbeing art group for our patients.
- Red Trust, Bushey to provide training for volunteers who will be launching a Compassionate Café.
- London Spiritual Centre – Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur UK to discuss how we can work together to offer wellbeing sessions for our patients and staff.
- Watford Rotary Club and were delighted to attend their dinner for an opportunity to talk about the services that we and Rennie Grove can offer our local community.
- Other Hertfordshire organisations at the Hertsmere Borough Council Community Safety Information, Help and Advice event and spoke to almost 50 people about our services, particularly our early engagement services such as Compassionate Neighbours, our Outreach Hub in Potters Bar, and our plans for Compassionate Cafés over the next couple of months.
- One Vision and the South Asian Heritage Association who visited Peace Hospice to speak with us about partnership work and the progress of our merger with Rennie Grove.
- Palliative Care staff from West Herts Hospital Trust to talk through working together and give them an update on our merger.
- Inspire All at 96 Shenley Community Centre in Borehamwood, to talk with them about the idea of setting up a Compassionate Café.