Compassionate Neighbours volunteers
Could you befriend someone in your local community?
With our community engagement team
Compassionate Neighbours provide social and emotional support and companionship to people who are experiencing loneliness or social isolation as a result of living with a life-limiting illness or bereavement.
After training Compassionate Neighbours are matched with people based on location, interests and character, with the aim of creating genuine, mutually-beneficial friendships.
Compassionate Neighbours can help others by:
- visiting regularly for a chat, offering friendship and a listening ear
- attending one of our Compassionate Support Hub/Compassionate Cafés
- helping them stay connected to the community
- visiting local places (such as a café, garden centre or shops)
- sharing an activity or hobby
The areas we particular need Compassionate Neighbours are:-
- Watford (Central & North Watford)
- Hertsmere (Potters Bar & Bushey)
- Three Rivers (South Oxhey, Rickmansworth, Chorleywood)
- St Albans (Central St Albans & Harpenden)
- Dacorum (Hemel Hempstead & Tring)
Our training days run from 9.30am to 4.30pm and the next dates are:
- Friday 8th December at Peace Hospice, Watford
- Friday 26th January at Grove House, St Albans
- Thursday 7th March at Peace Hospice, Watford
- Friday 19th April at Grove House, St Albans
- Thursday 30th May at Peace Hospice, Watford
Learn more about volunteering with Rennie Grove Peace
Without the time our volunteers give to support all areas of our work, we couldn’t help all the families who need us. We have a wide range of volunteer roles with varying time commitments to suit people in different circumstances.
Hear from some of our amazing Rennie Grove Peace volunteers
Volunteer with our offices
Our Rennie Grove Peace office-based volunteering roles include receptionists and admin assistants.
Volunteer with fundraising
Find out about our numerous one-off and ongoing fundraising volunteer roles.
Volunteer with our shops or retail team
Our retail and trading volunteers work across our 32 charity shops and our retail and trading centre in Berkhamsted to help us make the most out of your generous donations.
Volunteer with our patients, families and those who care for them
Our volunteers help support patients, families, carers and those around them in key roles across Herts and Bucks.
Become a volunteer
Make a difference in your local community when you join the Rennie Grove Peace volunteering team