Who is this service intended for? Anyone affected by the diagnosis of a progressive life-limiting illness
Where is this service provided? With local partners across Herts and Bucks, please consult the programme for list of locations and timings
When is this service available? Various - please consult the programme for list of locations and timings
About our Cafés
Rennie Grove Peace’s Compassionate Cafés are drop-in sessions in a local venue or with a local partner. They provide a space for members of our community who have been affected by any type of loss and would like to come along for a friendly chat and a chance to meet others over a cup of tea.
There is no need to book, so please just come along.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with our Compassionate Communities team on 01442 890222 or get in touch via our enquiry form
Where this service is available
Our catchment area spans Bucks and West Herts. We launched our first Compassionate Cafés in and around the Watford area but are working quickly to expand.
We currently have regular Cafés as follows:
- The Kitchen, Croxley (198 Watford Road, Croxley Green, WD3 3DB). 1st Friday, 10am-11am.
- Café West (partnership), West Watford (West Watford Free Church (Baptist), Tolpits Lane, WD18 6NU). 3rd Tuesday, 9:15am-12:15pm.
- Red Trust (partnership), Bushey (Red Café, Phoenix Centre, Farrington Avenue, Bushey, WD23 3DG). 1st Saturday, 11:30am-1:30pm.
- Inspire All (partnership), Borehamwood (96 Shenley Road Community Hub, Borehamwood, WD6 1EB). 1st & 3rd Thursday, 2-4pm.
- Loaves & Fishes Café (partnership), Potters Bar (Christ Church Little Heath, Great North Rd, Potters Bar, EN6 1JNB). Every Wednesday, 10-12pm. Launching 27th Sept 2023.
- Wigginton Community Shop & Café (partnership), Wigginton (The Sports Ground, Chesham Road, Wigginton, HP23 6HH). 1st Wednesday 1.30-3pm. Launching 4th October 2023.
- Well Bean Café, Harpenden Trust (partnership), Harpenden (Harpenden Trust Halls (above the Co-op), 130 Southdown Road, Harpenden AL5 1PU). 1st and 3rd Tuesday 1.30-3pm. Launching 7th November 2023.
New Cafés in North Watford and St Albans are coming soon.
We also run some Compassionate Café Pop-Ups as follows:
- TRDC Healthy Hub Compassionate Café at Oxhey Library, Bridlington Road, South Oxhey, WD19 7AG from 12pm-2pm on Thursday 19th Oct and 30th Nov 2023. This café is run in partnership with Healthy Hub, Three Rivers District Council.
- TRDC Healthy Hub Compassionate Café at Hillside Hub, 4A School Mead, Abbots Langley, WD5 0LB from 1-3pm on Wednesday 20th September 2023. This café is run in partnership with Healthy Hub, Three Rivers District Council.
There is no need to book to attend any of our Compassionate Cafés, so please just come along.
If you would like to work in partnership with us in setting up a new Compassionate Café in your area, please get in touch with our Compassionate Communities team on 01923 330330 or get in touch via our enquiry form.
Questions? Check out our FAQs
- offering a safe and welcoming space for people to come together
- offering friendship, emotional support and a listening ear
- helping people connect with their local community
- providing information, guidance and signposting to available services
A volunteer-led service, tailored to what is needed in the local community.
Like all Rennie Grove Peace services, our Compassionate Support Cafes in Bucks and West Herts are offered free of charge (some costs for refreshments). We can only deliver the services thanks to the generosity of the local community and the volunteers involved.
If you’d like to make a donation to support our services, you can do that here.
If you’d like to volunteer for any of our services, click here to learn more
If you’d would like to work in partnership with us in setting up a Compassionate Support Cafe, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our Community Engagement team via our enquiry form
If you or a family member would like to attend a Compassionate Support Cafe, please drop in or contact the Compassionate Communities team on 01442 890222 or get in touch via our enquiry form
You might also like to read about...
Whether you'd like to make a referral to our Compassionate Communities, have a question, or would like to volunteer your time or services - we'd love to hear...