Have a few hours to spare? Would you like to help someone who is isolated or lonely as a result of living with a life-limiting illness or bereavement? Why not attend our Compassionate Communities training and become a volunteer?
The training will help you to:
- Feel more confident when talking about death, dying, grief and loss
- Be part of a compassionate peer group that will support each other
- Better understand what Rennie Grove Peace and other organisations can offer
Our approach to the training is relaxed and positive – we use the session to create a safe, supportive space in which attendees can express their thoughts and share experiences.
Participants are only required to attend one training session, which each run from 9.30am – 4.30pm. The next dates are:
- Friday 8th December at Peace Hospice, Watford
- Friday 26th January at Grove House, St Albans
- Thursday 7th March at Peace Hospice, Watford
- Friday 19th April at Grove House, St Albans
- Thursday 30th May at Peace Hospice, Watford
Feedback from our recent learners included:
“The best thing about the training was the group interaction. It got me thinking again about my understanding of empathy v sympathy, listening and also the meanings of compassion and community.”
“The information provided and knowing there is support available for me to help me do the role well, and also for my wellbeing”
To learn more about the volunteering roles within Compassionate Communities, please see: