Palliative Care Development Programme 2024
An 8 day course for health professionals, delivered by the Hospice of St Francis and Rennie Grove Peace Hospice Care.
Who should attend?
Nurses, Allied Health Professionals (AHP’s), Associate Practitioners and GPs who provide palliative care and rehabilitation and wish to develop a good foundation in palliative care clinical practice.
Dates (2 hours each afternoon 2-4pm)
- Thursday 1 February 2024 (Full day – Face to face at Hospice of St Francis / Zoom)
- Thursday 8 February 2024
- Thursday 29 February 2024
- Thursday 7 March 2024
- Thursday 21 March 2024
- Thursday 28 March 2024
- Thursday 18 April 2024
- Thursday 25 April 2024
Each of the 8 days includes a recommended 4 hours of self-directed learning (from provided materials) in the morning although this study can be done at any time during the week it suits your schedule better. The afternoon comprises a 2 hour interactive and reflective session with experienced palliative care clinicians.
This 8-day programme offers a learning opportunity to enable trained staff in all settings to develop and sustain their ability to care for people and support people who are living with life threatening illness.
It’s core content is based on Health Education England 2019 (HEE) End of Life Care Learning Outcomes and includes a focus on:
- Communication Skills
- Assessment and Care Planning, Holistic Person-Centred Care
- Symptom Management, including care in the last days of life
- Advance Care Planning
- Underpinning Values of Palliative Care
- Knowledge about Palliative Care, including loss and bereavement
- Leadership and collaboration, Quality of Life and Living Well with Life Limiting Conditions
- Developing Self and others, looking at resilience
- Improving Quality and Developing Practice, completing a worked-based action plan
- Pre and post course outcome framework completion
- Accessing recommended learning and attendance at reflective webinars
- Two pieces of reflection
- Completion and presentation of a work based action plan
- Completion of a personal achievement summary
£200 per delegate for the 8 day course. Please contact email@example.com if you’re interested in booking or finding out more.
Looking at the many resources available I have widened my scope in the way that I approach different aspects within palliative care. I have been able to share these resources within my team so that a greater learning experience and improved patient practice is achieved.