Terms & Conditions
T&Cs for the Chilterns 3 Peaks event, 2023
The Chilterns 3 Peaks Challenge starts at Princes Risborough School, Merton Road, Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire, HP27 0DR on Sunday 10 September 2023. Registration on the day will be staggered, and participants will be required to register on the day in their one hour allocated time slot.
- All routes will start at Princes Risborough School with Arriva shuttle buses providing transport for all participants back to the start when the walk has been completed. Buses are available in approximately 10-minute intervals.
- If you have registered for the Chilterns 3 Peaks Challenge and find that for any reason you are unable to take part, please let us know as soon as possible. You must not give your place to anyone else, and you must return any completed sponsorship forms.
- All entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable if you choose not to take part. Should we need to cancel the event you will be offered a transfer or refund.
- The Chilterns 3 Peaks Challenge is open to participants of all ages. Participants who are under 18 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Anyone registering children under 18 must ensure they have parental consent for each child to participate.
- The Chilterns 3 Peaks Challenge is priced at £15 for adults, £7.50 for children (5-18), £40 for family tickets (2 adults + up to 4 children) and under 5s are free. Entry fee includes a medal on completion.
- Online registration for the event will be open until midday on Friday 8 September 2023. Your entry fee includes a Chilterns 3 Peaks T-shirt. These will be available to collect during the week before the event at specified locations.
- Due to the terrain of the route the event is not suitable for wheelchair or pushchair users. Some sections of the Ridgeway and National Trust are not as well kept as they have been in previous years due to COVID restrictions.
- Should the government introduce any COVID related guidelines in relation to social distancing or mask wearing we will ask those in attendance to comply with these at all times when attending the event.
Health and safety
- If you are in doubt about your health or have a medical condition that could be affected by exercise, you should obtain your doctor’s approval before participating in the Chilterns 3 Peaks.
- By taking part in the event, you understand that Rennie Grove is not liable for your health or possessions before, during, or after the event and that you participate at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to the event at our absolute discretion with no refund provided, if for whatever reason we consider a person unfit to take part.
- You must take responsibility for your dog/s and keep them on a lead at all times.
Use of your information
- You confirm that you have permission from all members of your team (or their parent/legal guardian if they are under 18) to provide entry information (including information of a sensitive and personal nature) and to Rennie Grove using the personal data of team members (including emergency contact details) for the purposes of administering this event.
- We require you to provide information about the age of everyone taking part so that we can check that the lead registrant is over 18, that the correct ticket prices applies and to ensure we do not send marketing materials to those under the age of 18.
- We will share information about medical conditions with our onsite third party first aid providers to ensure your health and safety at the event. Third party providers do not retain this information after the event.
- Emergency contact and medical details will be deleted after the event.
- Please note that by entering this event and accepting these Terms and Conditions you give us permission to contact you for the purposes of communicating about this event. This permission will override any previous instruction you may have given us to “unsubscribe” your details from our database.
- We will add your contact details to our database and will send you news and fundraising information by post unless you have asked us not to.
- You can update your preference at any time by visiting the contact preference form on our website: www.renniegrovepeace.org/preferences.
- Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to Data Protection Officer, Rennie Grove Hospice Care, Rennie House, Unit 3, Icknield Way Industrial Estate, Tring HP23 4JX.
Filming and photography at event
- Rennie Grove wishes to use photographs, video footage, or other records of this event, which may include images featuring you or members of your team. By taking part, you confirm that you grant Rennie Grove permission to use these images for any of its marketing purposes in all and any media, in their original format or edited or altered in any way which Rennie Grove thinks appropriate, and that you do not object to the storing and use of copies of the images.
Sponsorship money and donations
- You are not permitted to use any of the sponsorship money you raise to pay for your place or any expenses. ALL sponsorship must be given to Rennie Grove.
- The event is a sponsored charity fundraiser and by taking part you pledge to raise as much sponsorship as possible for Rennie Grove.
- Rennie Grove covers the cost of putting on this event and for this reason we do not allow people taking part to raise money for other charities.
Changes and last-minute arrangement
In case of unforeseen circumstances, Rennie Grove reserves the right to cancel this event at any time and your entry fee will be refunded.